Monday, September 10, 2012

Ribbon Cutting and CLHS Sports Foundation Fundraiser

Ribbon Cutting

This past week has been pretty laid back. I attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for the improved Workforce Lake One-Stop. There was lots of food and great people to chat with. I love being able to talk about the Miss America Organization because many people don't know that we're not just a pageant. There were some out of state visitors who had lots of questions for me. I was completely tickled pink to answer them and meet new people of my community.

Chatting with people


CLHS Sports Foundation's Second Annual Cardinal Night

I've been looking forward to this event for a few months now. This is the organization I've been volunteering with for the past couple of years. They raise all the funds for the sports teams at Clear Lake High School, the high school I graduated from. This years event was held at the biggest hall at the fairgrounds. They had a very popular local band, The LC Diamonds, playing at the event and a special performance by Faith Hornby who plays sports at the school and is one of our former outstanding teens. It was so much fun!

Faith Hornby getting ready to perform

Julie Ann and I got up on stage and spoke a little bit about how pageants are similar to sports. We even found the chocolate fountain!
Every year, they play a game called the coaches competition where they have every head coach from each team come to the front. The game is like a mix of musical chairs and an item hunt. The last person to try to get back to a chair is out! But there's a catch, each coach can only get these items from people who are on their "team." Students go around the event and sell colored leis for $10 each. There is a different colored lei for each team. It was hilarious to watch these coaches compete amongst themselves.

Yum Chocolate!
Coaches Competition

There were tons of live and silent auction items that were graciously donated by individuals of our town. I ended up going home with a new scentsy warmer and some scentsy bars to go with it! I'm always happy to attend these fundraisers!

Julie Ann and I with the LC Diamonds in the background

Thank you Derek for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment