Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chamber of Commerce, Firefighters, Taste of Lakeport, and a Car Show!

Such a busy week for me! I had lots of duties as Miss Lake County this past week while I was working and preparing for my last year at Mendocino College.

Chamber of Commerce
Julie Ann and I went to our first chamber of commerce dinner last Wednesday. It was fun to meet a lot of the business owners from the area and have a great meal at Zino's Restaurant. We got to draw the tickets for numerous prizes and chat with people at our table. Thank you to the chamber for having us!

Julie Ann and I with Phil

Drawing a name for some raffle prizes at the dinner

For more pictures click here.

Visiting the Firefighters
There were 2 large fires burning in Lake County. As a result, Cal Fire has set up a command center at the fairgrounds. I thought it would be nice to bring them some cookies and tell them what a wonderful job they're doing. One of the men there gave us a grand tour of the command center and it was so interesting to learn about the process they go through for setting everyone up.

One of the firefighters from Ukiah and chamber members

For more pictures click here.

The Taste of Lakeport
This was such a fun event this past Friday! Julie Ann and I walked up and down Main Street in Lakeport with a little red wagon filled with cold water. We passed out waters to all the event goers which gave us a chance to talk about the Miss Lake County Scholarship Organization. People were very impressed and they loved hearing about us competing at Miss California to represent our county. We ate amazing food cooked by local restaurants and listened to live music. We had a wonderful time and can't wait for more local events like this!

Julie Ann and I as we arrived

One of the amazing event coordinators Catrina. Thank you for having us!

Lakeports finest!
One of our new little friends. So cute!

For more pictures click here.

Second Annual Lower Lake Car Show
I spent part of my day in Lower Lake at a car show to benefit Lower Lake High School. I helped hand out awards and took donations for the school. There were so many cars and they were all beautiful!

Thank you to the Car Club for having me!

Just one of the awesome vehicles! See more here

Sitting in one of the old cars!


We were in beautiful downtown Lower Lake, right next to the fire house!

For more pictures click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment