Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meet the new Miss Lake County

I am still in complete disbelief that I have just been crowned Miss Lake County 2013. As I look at the pictures of myself in the crown and sash, I keep saying "That's not me, I don't believe it." I've wanted to be Miss Lake County since I was a little girl. To me, being Miss Lake County meant being a strong, caring, smart, beautiful, and kind role model. And I looked up to every single one of those women who wore the crown. Right when I became eligible to compete at 17 years old, I contacted the director. The first year I competed was overwhelming and scary. I had performed on stage before, but never as myself, I was always a character up there.

After my first competition in the Miss Lake County Pageant, I caught the pageant bug and had to keep going for it. I took some time off to improve and came back when I was 20 to place 1st runner up. I went home feeling so accomplished and proud of myself that I placed in my second pageant. That's when I realized that I was in it to win it and worked on improving my talent, interview, and posture. When I came back this year to compete, I realized that I was running against so many other talented, intelligent, and beautiful ladies. I knew it was going to be a fierce competition! It was wonderful getting to know all these amazing girls and I will never forget a single one of them.
Shout out to Amber, Amanda, Denise, Fran, Jamie, Miranda, Felicia, and Angela! Love you ladies!

 Crowning was a whirlwind of emotions because I knew I had messed up on a few little things throughout the night and I even tripped while walking out of my interview! (oops!)
I was graced with the Miss Congeniality award which was a tie between Angela Tompkins and myself. And then they started announcing the runner ups, I was so nervous that I stopped breathing because I didn't want to cry. When Tony finally called the 1st runner up Denise, the anticipation was killing me and I still wasn't breathing.
The moment Tony announced my name as Miss Lake County 2013, I completely lost it and could not contain myself. I burst into tears out of happiness that I had finally fulfilled one of my life's dreams to represent my home in the Miss California pageant.

I'm so proud to be your Miss Lake County 2013 and there are so many things I want to do as a titleholder. But you'll have to keep following me to see!












I know this first post is long, but here come the thank yous:

Thank you to my parents and little sister for their love and support

Thank you to my boyfriend Mitchell for listening to me even though you don't understand the pageant world and being my #1 fan

Thank you to my awesome boss/sponsor Patrick Lambert for putting up with my hectic school and pageant schedule and for being so understanding.

Thank you to Dr. Grey for sponsoring me and for my beautiful smile!

Thank you to Tiffany Chavez (T.A.C. Photography) for pictures, a spray tan and your makeup skills.

Thank you to my best friend, stage manager, and singing coach all in one, Alissa Iaccino!

Thank you Jennifer Humble, Miss Lake County 2012 for all your help, venting sessions, and crowning me as the new titleholder.

Thank you to the committee, Julie Ann and I look forward to working with you!

Thank you to Tony for the pep talk. I can't wait to start working with you!

Thank you to my new outstanding teen Julie Ann Mather for taking on this year with me, I'm proud to have you as my sister titleholder
(I used to babysit this girl!)


And More Thank Yous!

Bob Minnena for taking pictures at our dress rehearsal and show (You Rock!)
The Judges for choosing me as Miss Lake County!
Our auditors for the pageant
The Soper Reese Theater Volunteers
Tony Barthel
Iaccino Family for their pin pledges at our bowling with beauties fundraiser
Ellen Ann for taking in all my dresses and getting it perfect every time
Jackies Flowers for my winners bouquet
Shefferts Videography
Janice Hornby for fixing a few unexpected blemishes on my skin with less than a week before the pageant!
US Nails in Lakeport for getting my nails perfect every time
The Norcio Family
Brian Griffin for my sponsorship

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone else, it's been a long sleepless few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment